This week began with a new snow fall here in Michigan and the warning that Governor Whitmer would soon issue a Stay at Home Order, like many other states have, including most recently Illinois and Ohio. As I write this, my I-phone reminded me just how historic the day was, with a Public Safety Alert.
At 11 am yesterday, the Governor’s Office released her most recent and wide sweeping Executive Order (EO), effectively ordering all Michigan residents and non-essential businesses to shelter in place, close their doors and avoid unnecessary contact for the next two weeks. Since release of the EO, many questions have been asked, some answers provided, and many more still linger as to how the Order should be implemented. To help guide our clients, our team has assembled a few critical documents that each of our Michigan clients should have as they navigate the Governor’s EO and consider their own workplace issues:
- A summary outline of the EO (prepared by DW);
- The actual text of the EO;
- Notice and key document from the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) in the event that you are laying off workers; and
密西根州失业保障局 (UIA) 发布的相关通知 和其他关键文件, 如果您需要解雇人员
- The guidance memo from the Dept. of Homeland Security on what is referred to as Critical Infrastructure in the EO. We expect a great deal more to come out on this topic over the next few days.
- Friends, if you are conducting business operations in Oakland County, Michigan and you have made the decision to remain open as a “critical infrastructure” company under the Governor’s most recent Executive Order, you also need to begin implementing procedures to comply with the recently issued Emergency Order from the Oakland County Health Department. The order is very short and self-explanatory, but please do not hesitate to call us if you have questions.
各位朋友，如果贵公司在密西根州奥克兰郡从事商业运营，且已决定根据州长作为涉及生活和健康的 “关键设施” 的最新行政命令保持运营，那么您还需要遵守奥克兰郡健康卫生部最近下发的《控制疫情紧急命令》，请参考“奥克兰郡企业筛查健康卫生命令”中的相关程序。这份命令十分简洁明了，如果您有任何问题，请随时联系我们。
As always, our team is here to help you, and provide you the resources to navigate these challenges that lay before each of us.